Marriage License Requirements
Here are the El Paso County requirements for obtaining a marriage license before you can legally be married…
- Both applicants must appear before the County Clerk to take an oath, sign the application, and provide proof of identity and age (must be 18 or older). Acceptable forms of identification are; U.S. State issued ID or driver’s license, military ID, passport, or a certified copy of a birth certificate.
- The cost of the license is $82, and it can be paid via cash or credit (no checks).
- There’s a 72 hour waiting period after the marriage license has been issued. This is waived for members of the Armed Forces of the United States on active duty.
- The marriage ceremony must be preformed within 90 days of the license being issued.
- If either applicant has been divorced by a decree of a Court of the State of Texas, the applicant(s) must wait 30 days from the date of the final decree to apply for a marriage license unless waived by the court.
You can obtain a marriage license from the El Paso County Clerk’s Office located downtown, there are also several satellite locations throughout El Paso County.
For more detailed information, visit the El Paso County website. Otherwise contact me at 915-252-9595 so we can arrange your wedding ceremony.
500 E. San Antonio,Ste. 105
El Paso, TX 79901
Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
9521 Socorro Rd. A-1
El Paso TX 79927
Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm
4641 Cohen St. Ste. B
El Paso, TX 79924
Hours: 8:00am - 12:00pm; 1:00pm - 4:00pm
(Closed: 12:00pm - 1:00pm)